What is coursework and how to write it?
Coursework is one of the kinds of educational and creative individual tasks, which allows assessing the level of student’s theoretical and practical training and knowledge in a discipline
Coursework demonstrates the level of student’s skills for independent creative research and solving the actual problem tasks that are set in it.
Order your coursework right now!
Coursework is based on theoretical knowledge and practical skills acquired by a student during his or her studies and independent research work, which testifies the ability to generalize theoretical and practical material. If you need some help Courseworkz.com offers coursework help of any complexity.
Coursework is carried out in accordance with the developed and approved topics, which is determined and associated with the actual problems of a particular field of activity in order to solve particular issues or improve the present situation.
Students are given the right to choose the theme of the coursework from the large list that is agreed with the head of the department and the leading teacher on discipline and corresponds to contents of the discipline curriculum.
For the coursework completion, students are provided with the necessary methodological recommendations, normative documents and materials, software and technical support.
Extensive coursework – definition and meaning
Extensive coursework is simple coursework but with the broad meaning. During completion of this coursework, students have the opportunity to acquire sustainable skills and ability to work with academic scientific literature independently and to use modern information technologies, software products, and teaching aids.
If a student submits high-quality extensive coursework, it guarantees his or her high grades in the discipline and high general rating, in particular, as a researcher, because term paper belongs to the category of research work, which provides the execution of results for state standards of higher education.
Extensive coursework is an independent educational and research task, carried out on the basis of studying literary sources and analysis of the practical (statistical) material of the research object, as well as the results of scientific research.
The total volume of the extensive coursework should be 35-40 pages. Mandatory elements of the coursework structure are:
- Cover sheet
- Table of Contents
- Theoretical part
- Practical part
- Conclusions and suggestions (recommendations)
- List of literary sources
The main principles of the extensive coursework
The main principles are:
- substantiation of the relevance of the topic and purpose of the research;
- formation of tasks that need to be solved in order to achieve the goal;
- an exhaustive description of the object and subject of research;
- assessment of the current state of problem-solving on the basis of the analysis of domestic and foreign literature and issues that are relevant to the current research;
- independent use of methods of research and problems, as well as their informational, hardware and methodological support;
- analysis and generalization of the results of research, calculations and the provision of proposals for their effective implementation in the practice of management of domestic enterprises.
Components of the extensive coursework
1. The cover sheet must be according to a standard sample and include the name of a ministry, university, faculty, department, and subject of work.
2. The plan should contain the main issues that fully cover the topic. The plan must be coordinated with and approved by the scientific supervisor of the coursework. When writing the work according to the plan, it is possible to make changes only in agreement with the supervisor.
3. Table of contents should characterize the structure of the paper.
4. An introduction should contain:
- world tendencies in solving problems;
- The brief description of the object of research and unresolved problems concerning the given object of research;
- Assessment of the current state of problems based on the analysis of literary sources and the practical solution of existing problems;
- Substantiation of the relevance of the work;
- Research methods used in the work;
- Purpose and tasks;
- Information about the volume and structure.
5. The main part (theoretical and practical parts) should contain the analysis of scientific and theoretical literature (domestic and foreign), on the basis of which the problem is found out:
- Theoretical aspects of the problem being studied;
- The essence of the conceptual framework;
- History and a current state of the problem being studied.
6. The conclusions are a logical continuation of the analysis of the theoretical and practical material in the previous sections. The text of the conclusions should contain an objective assessment of the results of the work and the stated purpose.
7. The list of literature should contain a list of sources which were mentioned in the text.
8. Supplements must include:
- Additional illustrations and tables;
- Materials that can’t be included in the main part due to the large volume (calculations, copies of documents, methods, photographs, etc.).
The last tip: you can get pleasure even from writing the extensive coursework. The interest you’ll get from doing a job depends just on you.