What is coursework and how to write it?
Coursework is one of the types of individual tasks of educational and creative character, which allows to assess the level of theoretical and practical training of students in discipline and to reveal the depth of their knowledge of the discipline.
Coursework demonstrates the level of student’s skills for independent creative research and solving the actual problem tasks that are set in it.
Coursework is based on theoretical knowledge and practical skills acquired by the student during his studies and independent research work, which testifies the ability to generalize theoretical and practical material.
Coursework is carried out in accordance with the developed and approved topics, which is determined and associated with the actual problems of a particular field of activity in order to solve or improve the practical tasks of the present.
Students are given the right to choose the theme of the coursework from the large list that is agreed with the head of the department and the leading teacher on discipline and correspondence of the contents of the curriculum on discipline.
For the implementation of coursework, students are provided with the necessary methodological recommendations, normative documents and materials, software and technical support.
Extensive coursework meaning.
Extensive coursework is simple coursework but with the broad meaning. During the coursework, students have the opportunity to acquire sustainable skills and ability to work with academic, scientific literature independently, and to use modern information technologies, software products, and teaching aids.
Qualitative performance of the extensive coursework is a guarantee of high evaluation of a student in the discipline and its general rating, in particular, as a researcher, because term paper belongs to the category of research work, which provides the execution of results for state standards of higher education.
Extensive coursework is an independent educational and research task, carried out on the basis of studying literary sources and analysis of the practical (statistical) material of the research object, as well as the result of scientific research.
The total volume of the extensive coursework should be 35-40 pages. Mandatory elements of the structure of coursework are:
7.Conclusions and suggestions (recommendations).
8.List of literary sources.
The main principles of the extensive coursework.
The main principles are:
- substantiation of the relevance of the topic and purpose of the research;
- the formation of tasks that need to be solved in order to achieve the goal;
- an exhaustive description of the object and subject of research;
- assessment of the current state of problem-solving on the basis of the analysis of domestic and foreign literature and issues that are relevant to the current research;
- independent use of methods of research and problems, as well as their informational, hardware and methodological support;
- analysis and generalization of the results of research, calculations and the provision of proposals for the effective implementation of them in the practice of management of domestic enterprises.
Components of the extensive coursework.
- The cover sheet must be a standard sample and include the name of the ministry, university, faculty, department, and subject of work.
- The plan should contain the main issues that can fully cover the topic. The plan must be coordinated with and approved by the scientific supervisor of the coursework. In the process of performing the work on the plan, it is possible to make changes only in agreement with the supervisor.
- Content characterizes the structure of the paper.
- Introduction contains:
- world tendencies in solving problems;
- a brief description of the object of research and unresolved problems for the given object of research;
- assessment of the current state of problems based on the analysis of literary sources and the practical solution of existing problems;
- substantiation of the relevance of the work;
- research methods and information provision of work;
- purpose and tasks;
- information about the volume and structure.
- The main part (theoretical and practical parts) is intended for the analysis of scientific and theoretical literature (domestic and foreign), on the basis of which it is found out:
- theoretical aspects of the problem being studied;
- the essence of the conceptual apparatus;
- history and a current state of the problem being studied.
- The conclusions are a logical continuation of the analysis of the theoretical and practical material of the previous sections. The text of the conclusions should contain an objective assessment of the results of the work and the stated purpose.
- The list of literature contains a list of sources, which were mentioned in the text.
- Applications must include:
- additional illustrations and tables;
- materials that can’t be included in the main part due to the large volume (calculations, copies of documents, methods, photographs, etc.).
The last tip: you can get pleasure even from the writing the extensive coursework. The interest you’ll get from job depends just on you.